Montag, 14. März 2011

Written Finals are Over!



Finally last Thursday, my written finals came to their end with English linguistics...After spending the night in a funny smelling, left aside that, clean hotel/pension in downtown Munich due to railway union strikes I was feeling as low as I could and generally not psyched for any more written exams at all...fortunately psyche came back after some coffee and a nice topic, on which I fared really well (that´s what it felt like, at least). I have to admit, if No. 5 hadn´t been in the examination papers, I might as well have quit that exam right away...of course I wouldn´t have in the end but it would have been some tedious and desperate figuring out hoping for a pass grade if textual linguistics hadn´t been in...but hey, gotta be lucky at times!

In general I have been quite lucky in all my written finals and I´m grateful for that, since I wasn´t made to pay for my rather relaxed lifestyle in the past two years (which I of course greatly enjoyed...) Considering that I started the whole period of finals very blue after my recent relationship break up this turned out better than I had and could have anticipated...

I`m free now! The past weekend brought two days of craggin and things have finally taken a turn into the right direction...I FINALLY sent Super Grass (5.12c/d), a bouldery little bastard of a route I should have done last fall but didn´t as I still haven´t learned to stop putting send pressure on myself as soon as I realize that a climb is within reach...it´s what keeps me from doing a lot of climbs A LOT faster and it will be interesting to see if I can come to a more relaxed state of mind now that the education chapter in my life is largely over...
Yesterday we changed style and went to Zellerwand, where there has been a MAJOR bolting frenzy going on now that the headwall has been tapped! So far there have been about 8 or 9 new routes bolted and they are all pretty sick, enduro things...overhanging and pumpy! The feeling of relief continued and I got really close on another 5.12c, something I wasn´t expecting to happen so fast...it seems as if I´m shifting into gear!

Photos and vids will come soon...Hans shot some footage of the burn prior to my send go of Super Grass and I guess there will be some photos as well soon, especially since I´ll check out some newly discovered boulders tomorrow!

Spring is coming. It´s gonna be an amazing summer, since I saw a yellow butterfly on Saturday morning. It was the first one I saw, so that seals that deal! I´m a firm believer in an old Swedish saying, going as follows: if the first butterfly you see in spring is yellow, it´s gonna be an extraordinary and rad summer...if it´s white...well, be prepared for an average summer...

Out!

Keine Kommentare: