Mittwoch, 27. August 2014

Quite a fun year so far...

Okay, it´s been quite some time since my last post. I was too busy, didn´t feel like it as well and this doesn´t make for good posts, so I´d rather not post anything at all. The past weeks have been sort of like the icing on the cake of a good year so far, which I´ll briefly sum up:

Working as a high school teacher was pretty rad, the kids response was overwhelming and I made some new experiences which beyond doubt have made me a better teacher than I was before.

I was fortunate enough to travel quite a bit, twice to France even, and had a good share of climbing, sun, fun and drama at times.

I was invited by my class from Franken, had a pretty rad barbecue with them and, simply put, have never felt as honored as a teacher than I did the moment they invited me. All my work and all effort made pays off in moments like that. I love my job - and these kids will always be there, they´ll always be the first class I taught for a straight year and they´re the benchmark all other are measured against, even if that may be unfair since some come 24 in a million.

Climbing wise I was able to walk away with a few good and sometimes hard first ascents and some good repeats. Some of the things I did this year most definitely make my personal top five list. The past weeks I´ve been mostly climbing at the Schleierwasserfall which is for sure one of my personal happy places!

I´ve recently been able to score a good job close to my place, which means that I´ll be able to keep my awesome apartment, I´ll be able to afford a US trip - long overdue! - and other things that make life worth living. Money can´t buy you happiness but it buys the gas you need to go places and that´s where the happiness comes in...

I´m currently sitting at home, I´ve had a fun birthday, my little nephew is really cool, the pup freaks out every time he sees me...Life´s good.

Here´s the obligatory photo dump! Out!








Keine Kommentare: