Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2009

2009 goes on...

Even though it started like crap, 2009 didn`t turn out to be so bad after all. I´m finally feeling in shape again and things look pretty good climbing wise. 

I´m super psyched now for my Intercultural Proj. which is gonna be an absolute blast of a time. For those of you who want to check where I´m gonna work, check

http://www.bridgesrockgym.com/

all that I can say is that those guys are really amazing and kind and super welcoming and...

I`ve spent the past weeks doing a lot of work basically, in order to avoid being broke in the US which would be a serious bummer and would put me in the embarrasing position of somebody having to call for help in Germany, kinda "please fill my bank account"-wise. So I`ve been busy setting routes in Munich and Rosenheim and given more top-rope courses that I would normally like. Fortunatly I have been able to get an amazing replacement coach for my Wednesday climbing group. Stony is a really cool and fun person and climbs really well, we went bouldering last week and three hours passed like a whirlwind. The kids like him and he`ll also be able to handle the wilder ones of the bunch, so I don`t have to worry about the kids, which is a good thing. I really like a few of them and it would have been a pity if they had felt pushed to quit climbing just because my replacement would have been some jerk rambling on about bouldering being not climbing but something you do if you`re afraid of heights. 

The weather forecast for the weekend sound pretty good, so I hope that me and Verena will be able to head to Kochel for some outdoor action. 

Just because I´m thinking of it: if you want a good laugh, check youtube for Jeff Dunham! Bubba J. and Achmed the dead Terrorist are my personal favorites...

Take care!

Keine Kommentare: